Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Special Day

February 12th. Today is a great day.
There are 2 very special reasons why.

The first is that it is the wedding anniversary of 2 of the most incredible people on the face of the planet, my daddy and mama. They have been married 32 years today. That's a very long time, but you wouldn't be able to tell it by looking at them. They look amazing for their age. 

They have not only been a blessing as parents to my sister and me, but an incredible example to me and my husband of what a real marriage should look like. One that is grounded in the Lord, and built upon faith and love. We constantly go to them for advice, and always look to them as examples of how to conduct our own home. 

They have done more than enough for us and we could never repay them. 


The 2nd reason that today is a great day is because it is the birthday of my grandma Faye who passed away 7 months and 2 weeks ago yesterday. I still have a really hard time even talking about this without crying, so I just wanted to say Happy Birthday and I think about her at least once a day. At least.  
But, today is an extra special birthday for her. Because on this birthday, she's rejoicing in Heaven with our King. 


Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday!!!!!! :) :) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

know that i'm thinking of you and praying that this will be a special weekend for you...even if you are lots o miles away! (but it does seem like you are so close b/c of these wonderful technology connections!)
love you!!!!