Tuesday, May 19, 2009

So, this weekend....

.....we didn't get a whole lot done. :(

Our move kind of turned out to be a big loss this weekend because of all the rain that we had. And don't get me wrong, if you know me at all, you know that I will be the first person sitting inside with a good book (or blanket ;) hehe), truly enjoying a rainy day!! It's the BEST sleeping weather for sure.
HOWEVER, when you have not only had no permanent home for 9 months, and even moreso, only 1 bedroom with a bed and 2 dressers to call your own for 4 months, you're ready to make that move!! :) And by saying that, it does not mean that we are not unbelievably thankful for the opportunities that we have been given to travel, move around, live in Italy, and meet such great people. We just want to feel settled.
Either way, it's spilt milk at this point. We did manage to get a good bit of stuff loaded, so we just have to get it up to Central now. We hope to move a little bit each night this week after Jonathan gets off from work. He works every day until 6PM, so that doesn't give us a whole lot of daytime, but if we work hard, we can get it done.



We did have some fun stuff going on this weekend that definitely made up for the loss of not being able to get moved in. Rusty, Jonathan's cousin and childhood friend, got married to Heather and it was a beautiful wedding!! These boys grew up playing together every day because they (along with all the rest of the neighborhood kiddos) stayed with Jonathan's grandmother during the summer and in the afternoons after school. I think it was really neat for Jonathan to see "little" Rusty all grown up saying, "I do!" We originally weren't going to be able to make it to their wedding, thinking that we would still be traveling in Europe, but we're so glad it worked out that we were able to be there to share the day with them. Heather was GORGEOUS and the colors she chose were so chic!!! I loved it!! If you want to see a few photos from it you definitely need to check them out at Lindsey Mart's website. I'm sure some of you are saying, "Wait...I recognize that name!!" That's right...they too, like us, used our fabulous wedding photographer!!!

The Edens with the Branyons!! :) Heather was GORGEOUS...and Rusty looked handsome too!! 

Me and my love at the wedding. We always wish, after going to all these weddings, that we could do ours all over again...it was just too much fun!! 

This brings me to another highlight from this weekend....getting to spend some time with LMart!! We hadn't seen her since our own wedding, and Jonathan and I both have always said that after hiring her as our wedding photographer, we gained so much more than that. She is definitely a friend that we will cherish for many years to come!! We had a blast talking and catching up with her, seeing pictures of adorable baby Henry, hearing stories from her recent, crazy, traveling life, and in all the wedding fun, she even managed to sneak in a picture for old times sake of the Edens. We love her!!

Sunday was my daddy's 55th birthday!! 55!! I can't believe he's 55 years old. He doesn't look that old, or act that old, or even just seem that old to me. After church, Jonathan and I had lunch with he and my mama at Olive Garden (after not being in Italy for about 3 weeks, we were able to use some of our Italian with the waitress, haha!! It was really funny!!) and later that evening we also got to have dinner with him as well. Pizza...the Moore's love their Italian I guess!! Ha!! I'm so thankful we were able to spend the time with him. Aside from the rain (which means no golfing, and if you know my dad, that's not a good thing) and having to go into work for a couple of hours in the evening, I think he had a good birthday!!

Sidenote: In between coming home from Italy and moving and having my belongings in 3 different places, I misplaced my camera (this is VERY tragic if you know me at all)!!! So, VERY sadly and unfortunately, I did not have my camera for Mother's Day or my Daddy's birthday. I missed out on some really good family photo opportunities. So, I jacked a camera and took these 2 quick shots to show my awesome mama (for Mother's Day) and my awesome daddy (for his birthday)!! :) 

Me and my daddy...55!! 

And me and my mama...only a week after Mother's Day, ha!! 

I have an interview for a summer job this morning, so if you're reading this, I would more than appreciate a quick prayer that it works out. That would be a HUGE blessing!! And maybe later this week I'll have the time (and internet) to post a couple of moving pictures and/or pictures of the apartment. Until then I am busy, busy with lots going on!!

No comments: