Friday, April 2, 2010

Reflecting: The Cross

Over 2,000 years ago a man died on a cross. 
Celebrating Good Friday, I have spent much of today reflecting on the cross and its purpose in our lives. 

The cross is:
Eternal life.
Salvation.
Grace.
A bridge. 
Sacrifice.
Mercy.
An answer. 
Truth.
Redemption.
Forgiveness.
Love.
Sin taken away.
Selflessness. 
Life everlasting.

These are just a few words that I have thought of throughout the day as I reflected on what the cross means to me and my relationship with Christ. I hate that it takes a holiday for me to put that much thought into something so significant, something that should really be the drive of my daily walk with the Lord. If you haven't, I encourage you to take a moment and remember the sacrifice made some 2,000 years ago, and I encourage myself to remember this the other 364 days of the year. 

One of my most favorite pictures EVER. I captured this right outside a beautiful church in Dublin, Ireland. God is all nations, and all people. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully put Lindsey! I hope ya'll had a wonderful Good Friday and Easter. We had an earthquake here on Sunday and everyone said it was Jesus, but I told them that historically the earth shook on Good Friday when Jesus died on the cross to pay for our sins. God gives us such creative ways to share the Gospel!