Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Since everyone has been asking.....

...........I thought I would answer all at once!! :) 

Sorry it's been so long.....I miss blogging, but, we have been SUPER, CRAZY BUSY!!! So much and so many exciting things have been happening, and they've taken up a lot of our time.

Anywho, back to the question that everyone is asking.....
"When are ya'll moving in/officially settled in the new house???" 

Okay. Here's the deal. 
When we moved back to the States from Italy, while staying with my parents for some time, we looked for an apartment here in Clemson. We finally found one in June of last year, and signed a year's lease....putting us here until June 30th of this year. Then, we were able to officially move into our new house the day we signed, but of course, with a June 30th lease, there's no rush. 

So, in addition to having to completely and totally pack up our home life to make the move, I am also having to completely and totally pack up my classroom at work (due to construction in our classrooms). This is a lot of packing up and I despise packing up and moving, and we've already done it 4 or so times since being married. 
BUT.....with school not ending until June 5th for me, our ending lease date has actually turned out to be a huge blessing!! This gives us time to gradually pack up home all the while packing up school, and allows me to finish out the school year with less stress. We did however, tell the offices of our apartment building that should someone come wanting to begin a lease date June 1st, that we were completely willing (since this would save us an entire month's rent - cha ching!!) to make the early exit. 

Got the key.....it's OUR home!!!

The overlap in lease and purchasing also allows for some MAJOR renovations that we have decided to do before moving in. We're taking a wall out that stands between the master bedroom and the back 4th bedroom to create a lengthy, elongated, open living space. This is Phase 1 renovation of probably like 200 in the new house!! Ha :) 
Although it's a lot of work, sweat (and some blood), we are SO excited for the end result(s)!! And I mean, c'mon.....I'm married to an architect....he was born for this stuff!! :) 

Let the renovating fun begin...

The master bedroom before.

The "Clemson" (4th) room before. 

The architect hard at work :) 

Wall down in the master bedroom. 

Walls coming down in the "Clemson" (4th) room. 

Walls are down and all that's left are the studs. 

YEAH!!! Looking good and ready for the next step!!

This is a sketch-up of what the final product will look like!!

This is just a touch of what all has been going on out at the new house. Next up (after we complete the structural renovations to the new and improved "master suite"), is the refinishing/redoing of all the hardwoods in the house. 
Keep checking back, because I intend to update on all the progress!!! :) 

So to answer.....we will officially be IN with nowhere else to go on June 30th. :) 

Well, I had intended on blogging about the other exciting things going on in our lives right now, but I don't think I can keep my eyes open to handle it....so next time, for sure!!! 

No comments: