Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I did not forget...

I promise I did not return only to just slip back into a black hole. I have been meaning to post for a week or two, but alas, life is busy. Better to be out living than to be sitting behind a computer, right?

The weekend after I posted, we headed to Flat Rock, NC for the long weekend with the youth for our annual winter retreat at the fabulous Bonclarken for Amped 2014. Needless to say, it was super busy and super tiring, but...super fun! We had a blast and learned a ton about the life of Peter and how to become better disciples in the name of Jesus. I absolutely love going on these retreats with these kiddos. I love them so much, and even more, I love watching them grow spiritually. They challenge me and I am so grateful for it. 

Along with life in general - you know, teaching and building churches - we have continued to be busy and before I realized it, January had turned into February 1st. Oddly enough, I love and adore this time of year, and look forward to many exciting and fun things planned for this month! 

As far as the renovation goes, we continue to press on. Because January was so busy, we kind of hit a wall, but Jonathan did manage to get two of our IKEA closets put in...and they.look.FABULOUS. 


The recessed lighting really adds to the whole look J was going for.
In love.
So...just a few more closets to get in, a few baseboards to paint, clean-up, and then we can begin picking out and putting into place furniture. YAY!

On a more personal note, if you know me, you know that music is my life beat to the Lord. I absolutely love the Word, but I am so grateful for the way He uses song to speak into my life on a daily basis. I have so many songs that I LOVE and listen to on repeat...all.the.time. Lately, one in particular just seems to always come on the radio, every single time I am in the car alone. I have relished in the words of this song, and feel so comforted, loved, and reminded of the way that, if we allow Him, the Lord will carry us through not just struggles, but as it has spoken to me, through life in general. 


I hope you can feel His grace in your life today as you hear these words.
Happy Tuesday friends. 

No comments: