Sunday, March 8, 2009

TIMEOUT!!! -To testify to LOVE!!!

I have to stop. 

I have to stop and take a TIMEOUT on the blog, away from all the amazing details of our traveling adventures in Europe, making new friends, seeing unbelievable sights, trying new things.

A TIMEOUT to say I can feel His presence over me like a blanket today!!! :) 

I know that Jonathan and I are BEYOND blessed; words could NEVER say enough about what God has so graciously given us. And yes, that is also including our lives before this European experience. Daily, even before coming to Italy, I have found myself questioning why we have been so richly blessed. What have the 2 of us done any differently than anyone else for God to see us worthy of His blessings, but even more so, His love????? 

I am perplexed by this, because, on a day-to-day basis, I mess up more than I even want to admit. My actions, my words, my attitude, my complaining, my love (are lack there of) for others.....why??? Why have WE been given this amazing opportunity???

I don't know. All I do know is that I sit in the Villa this afternoon, in a room the size of our entire house back in Charleston with windows from floor to ceiling about 10-12 feet tall, completely open to a garden surrounding our Villa with rays upon rays of BEAUTIFUL sunshine taking over the entire room, with a view that overlooks all of Genoa reaching all the way down to the port and the Mediterranean. I can't tell where the water ends and the sky begins. It is, what I am sure has to be, one of God's most beautiful paintings. It doesn't look real. 



And I reflect. On so many things. Good things, bad things, sad things....things about my life that I want to change. I want to change to be more like Him. And as I'm reflecting, I'm listening to some old school Avalon. And the perfect song comes on. And it's exactly today what I want to change. 


I want to testify to LOVE!!!!!!! 

2 comments:

SM Edens said...

I love Avalon too! (old and new school) .... I'm grateful to have a daughter-in-law that has already learned the secret to a happy life -- in a word ... "contentment".
...and the ability to be Thankful to God for all blessings.
Love ya - San

Victoria said...

Wow - this is an amazing outpouring of a very special heart! I have seen nothing but joy and goodness in you and if anyone knows how to testify to loving others-it is you - You took us in this week and made us a part of the villa family - thank you for incredible memories that I am also thanking God for... I wonder the same thing sometimes - why me - why have you blessed me with incredible boys and a happy life - I am so undeserving - but never ungrateful!!! Thanks again for your love for us and always remember it is returned - 2 fold!!! Vicki and Daniel