Monday, December 15, 2008

His and Hers :)

If you know me in the least, you know that I usually own and operate with a pretty junked up phone. It never seems to do anything right, and I am constantly having to apologize to family and friends for my poor excuse of a phone. 
Last Sunday it did something oh so new and different....I received a week's worth of text messages all at once. I know. Wonderful. My phone was beeping for 30 or so straight incoming texts. Fun, fun!! Then the very next morning, I put my phone on silent for work and it was fine. Just fine. No immediate problems. Well. I went to get it out to check it after work that day, and the screen was all whacked out. I couldn't read anything because all the colors were melting together and it looked like something straight out of the 70's. 

There was SO much going on last week with Jonathan's FINAL presentation so I put the phone issue on the back burner; plus I've always kind of said that if it weren't COMPLETELY necessary, I could just go without a cell phone period. I just don't really like phones. I'd much rather see the people I love in person....but of course that's not realistic, so alas, I must have one. 

With moving coming up, Jonathan and I were going to be needing all of the plastic tubs we had used to move down to Charleston to move back to the upstate. Fortunately a VERY wonderful couple from Whitefield, Mr. and Mrs. Beaver, were going to be making a trip down from the upstate and offered to bring us these plastic tubs (THANK YOU Larry and Carol Lee....we appreciate it SO much!!)......I say all of that to say......I needed a phone so that I might get in touch with them to meet up and get the tubs. Since Jonathan was understandably preoccupied and living in studio, I trekked on over to Verizon Thursday evening to figure out what was to be done. 
My phone had done something very similar this past summer right before we got married and they just replaced it with a new phone. I had hoped to do this again, but quickly found out that since my phone is SO old (the original RAZR, ugh, HATE that phone) the warranty ran out in August, and they were going to charge me $50 BUCKS to fix/replace it!!! I'm thinking, "Ugh, NO! 50 smackaroos is TOO much!!!!".......but with going to Europe for a whole semester, Jonathan and I knew we were going to have to make phone decisions/plans, so now was the opportunity to do just that. 
So I call my hubby while at Verizon, give the technical support lady my phone so she can answer all of his questions regarding cellular usage outside of the States, and then patiently waited for my husband to decide what we should do. So, turns out, it was cheaper to get a newer, more advanced phone that would be capable in Europe instead of paying $50 BUCKS (I'm sorry, this just baffled me) to replace an old junked up phone. 

For the record, as much as I have always proclaimed that having a phone wasn't necessary, I didn't need anything fancy, something just to receive and dial out, blah, blah, blah.....I have never LOVED a phone more than the new one that Jonathan picked out for me!!! It's the nicest, fanciest phone I've ever owned and I even promised the Verizon saleslady that I was going to take VERY good care of it (something I haven't done so well in the past). 
It's the new LG enV2 and I'm not going to lie....it's slick rick. Jonathan has the original Voyager, but when I left Verizon, he made me immediately head over to studio to let him play with it!!! Ha....men and toys!!! He was a bit jealous I think, but he was SO excited that our phones are now so similar and said that it was like "His and Hers" phones!!!


He took this picture and said it was specifically for posting on the blog about the new phone. :) He says we are "LG Buddies" now....very cute. I've always known that man was the one for me!!!

No comments: