Monday, June 22, 2009

It's been a while.

Happy Father's Day!!! 
I hope everyone has had a great day with the men in your life and if they've already gone on to be with the Lord, I pray that He brought you comfort and peace in knowing that they wait with our Heavenly Father for the day when they can be with you again in Paradise!!! 

We had a nice, laid-back Father's Day. 
We went to church this morning at Whitefield and heard a phenomenal message from our Youth Pastor, Jeremy. It was incredible, and for me personally, it really hit home. So many times I spend the day either wasting my time, precious time that I can NEVER get back, or thinking/worrying/looking forward to things to come in the passing days, weeks, or even months. Even when getting excited about future events (that isn't harmful really), I realized today that I simply need to look at what is in front of me and take it for what it is. I am so guilty of thinking past today; I really struggle with this. 
Jeremy made it so real this morning, in my face I could just feel God asking, "Lindsey, why can't you just take today and let go of tomorrow...or the next day....or even next week???" Don't get me wrong, of course we have to look to the future to make plans and things of that nature, but, God truly wants our hearts in the day to day. I want to be much more aware of this, and I really want to live for the NOW and not the WHEN. 
I mean, if you had only 30 days left on this Earth, what would you do? How would you spend your time? God allowed me to put some things into perspective today, and hopefully I can better prioritize my time and live for today. 

But, I was telling you about our Father's Day and instead shared that!! Back to the matter at hand....we had lunch with Jonathan's family and it was so good to take a break from all that's been going on and enjoy one another. I don't feel like we have really been able to do that a whole lot with either of our families since we've returned home from Europe. I'm hoping to be able to do that more often this summer. And Jonathan's 2 precious cousins (age 8) had a blast texting back and forth with me while at the restaurant. Oh we start them off TOO YOUNG!! :) 

After lunch, Jonathan and I went window shopping in Easley because we have been searching for the perfect shower curtain for our guest bathroom but haven't had a whole lot of luck. The colors are red, silver, and white, but there aren't a whole lot of red shower curtains out there (we're also rather picky). 

We weren't home for maybe 20 minutes when my parents called to let us know they were on their way. We had planned to take my dad out for supper to a local pizza place in downtown Clemson that he loves. We have been going to Peppino's for over 10 years now, since Ashley was a student at Clemson!! And since Ashley wasn't able to come up from Savannah this weekend, she treated our dad to dinner and then afterwards, we had planned to hang out by the pool, but, it started raining a good bit. So instead, we gave my dad his presents, and then he and my mom were on there way back home after hanging out for a while at our place. 

So that was our Father's Day, and I hope yours was just as much of a blessing. :) 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's been almost 2 weeks since I last posted but as you can see, we've been busy, busy!! 

We celebrated my father-in-law, Jerry's 50th birthday!!!!! Whew!!! :) Haha!! 

The old man!! 

We also had the summer social for Jonathan's firm, Neal-Prince, this past week in Greenville. The food was so good and of course I haven't seen his co-workers since the Christmas before we got married, so it was great to catch up with everyone. 

And, my sister-in-law, Rebekah's wedding is THIS WEEK!! It's finally here!! I cannot believe it....it felt like when they got engaged back in August that it would be FOREVER before the time finally came. Jonathan and I have been busy working on some things for the wedding and rehearsal dinner, so we've been pretty busy getting that stuff taken care of. 
And of course with the wedding on Friday, there are all sorts of super fun "lead up" events happening this week, so we're not slowing down yet!! I am so excited for Rebekah and her fiancé Tyler!! The wedding will no doubt be beautiful, but more importantly, I am thrilled at the commitment they are making to one another and the journey they are about to begin together. Marriage is sacred, and a wonderful, wonderful blessing. I pray that God will bring the two of them all the joy that He has and continues to give Jonathan and me. The wedding day is so much fun, but it's just the beginning, and only gets better every day after that. 

Me and Jonathan with the Bride and Groom-to-be!! 

I hope you have a great week, I know we will. 
Lots of fun things planned and we're in wedding mode!!! :) :) 

No comments: