Monday, October 20, 2008

Brrrr, baby brrr!!!

So.....apparently, whilst I was away in the upstate this weekend, fall and VERY cold weather arrived to Charleston!!! YAY!!! I'm talking, straight up hoodie wearing, see your breath in the mornings, wind blowing, give you chills kind of cold weather. 

***I've been wearing the same hoodie for 2 days straight now***

Well. You can imagine an OLDER home (as we have) with NO central heating and air can get bitterly, down to your bones cold. It has been colder IN our home than out. 
However, this is not a problem. Because....our home came stocked with 3 electrical space heaters (sadly though only 1 of the 3 work....which we discovered after putting them through trial runs in the kitchen to figure out exactly how they work). 
So, we've put the 1 working heater in our bedroom tonight, getting the room all warm and cozy for when we hit the hay, but eventually found that it kept tripping our breaker (about every 15 minutes). Problem??? No way!! Not for us....we just got out an extra cord strip to plug into the wall to then plug the heater into and VOILA.....no more outages!!! :) 

SO....as I type this I am warm and cozy, snug as a bug in a rug in our bed with not a chill in a single bone in my body (HUGE difference from last night). I love our little heater sitting so nicely at the foot of our bed. And I am reminded of several things tonight:
1. I love our OLD, little Charleston home to pieces.
2. THIS is what being married is all about. Tripping breakers and all. The whole heater experience with Jonny was probably more fun to us than anyone ever having gone through a similar experience.
3. Being a newlywed and having next to nothing in such a historical city is, from what I can tell, forming some of the best memories and stories that Jonathan and I will one day share with our children and our grandchildren.
4. I am so blessed. And I love being married. And I am so thankful for my sweet, hard-working, loving, considerate, architectural husband. But I don't tell him nearly enough. 


With that being said.....goodnight. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i miss the edens so much! i really need to come visit! i am so wishing that i could come to your next door classroom and fill your ear with the emotional drama i call life. i miss you much! i would love to come visit and laugh my head off w/the 2 most funny people in the world! let me know what and when would work for me to crash w/yall a night (maybe 2). i'm just going to make it happen!!!!
i love you to pieces! bundle up!!!