Friday, February 26, 2010

1 Step Closer....

Well, it's time for the weekly "housing" update.........and it's a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I last updated, we had potentially found the perfect house, had been to look at it with Amazing Amy, and we were trying to prayerfully make a decision (although, if you'll remember, we wanted to JUMP on it because we loved the house so much).

All of this had taken place on a Thursday, so over the weekend, we were constantly discussing it, the pros and cons, and getting things in order to make an offer. On Monday we had planned to make our first offer, but then decided to check with another lender to compare prices before doing so. So most of Monday was spent gathering information and making calls. Our other lender did not get back with us until Tuesday, so all day was spent going back and forth between the 2 lenders, comparing prices.
Eventually we got the best deal possible, and made plans to officially sign and make the offer that afternoon. By the time I got home from work on Tuesday, around 5PM, Amazing Amy and Jonathan were waiting on me to go through the paperwork. We signed everything, and made it official. The seller had from 8PM that night until 8PM Wednesday, 24 hours, to get back to us with a yes, a no, or a counteroffer.

So Wednesday at work I was so anxious it was awful. I could barely concentrate on anything. I also kept my phone on vibrate, at my desk, sitting right beside my computer. This is something I NEVER do; typically I turn my phone off as I'm walking into the school each day, and it doesn't get turned on again until I walk out of the building in the afternoon.
I couldn't help but walk by my desk and check for a call from my hubby almost every 20 or so minutes. It was terrible. Finally at about 1PM after not hearing a THING, Jonathan emailed to say he had heard nothing (ha!!). Not what I was waiting for!!
So the end of the school day comes, and coming back in from dismissal, at about 2:45PM, my phone vibrates. The seller received our offer, and basically asked for another, more reasonable offer. So we discussed our options, and had already decided our final offer before even putting the original offer in, and called Amazing Amy around 3PM to deal for us.

Oh the torture of time. Jonathan had a playoff game for intramural basketball at 5PM, so off to we went to try and take our mind off of waiting, waiting, waiting. I was sitting in Fike, the rec. center at Clemson, with Jonathan's phone right by my side. I literally picked it up to check the time every 2 to 3 minutes.
Finally, at almost 6PM, the phone rang.
It was Amazing Amy.

And the seller had accepted our offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

Amy told me the news/details, and since Jonathan was still in the game, I told her I didn't understand any of the details, so he'd be calling her back, ha!! Either way, I was bursting!! The game ended, and upon telling Jonathan, he called Amazing Amy right back.
The rest of the evening, we were a little bit in shock. I don't think it had sunk in (and really still hasn't) what was happening. We were beside ourselves with excitement, and of course made the necessary calls --moms, dads, sisters, grandparents, aunts, and uncles!!
A closing date of March 31st was set, and of course may change. We were put officially under contract with the seller as of Thursday evening, and now we are sifting through paperwork, making the loan official, dealing with an attorney, and getting the home inspected. Just taking care of all the odds and ins so that we are able to close and make the home officially ours.

Home, sweet, Home :)

Up close of the front. This is the first shot I saw when I screamed, "I WANT THIS HOUSE!!!" :)

The Great room, another major selling point for me.

Not a very good shot, but, yes. These are the ORIGINAL doors from when the house was built in 1926. And the original crystal door knobs as well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically, within less than 1 week of seeing the "perfect" house, everything had fallen into place. There might be some skeptics out there, but this has always been how things seem to unfold Jonathan and me. We know what we want and we know what we don't want. We are BEYOND thrilled and we cannot WAIT for everything to go through so that we can close, and have the keys in hand.
It really is the most precious, perfect house, and I literally daydream about it all the time now. I imagine what everything I do will be like when living in our new home. :)

We cannot say how grateful we are for all of the support, love, prayers, and encouragement we have and continue to feel from all of our family and friends during this significant time in our lives. We hope for this still, as we are just getting started with such a big step in our family.

I say it all the time, but it doesn't change it one bit --we are so unbelievably blessed. Praise Him for His goodness and mercy even when we are so undeserving!!!

2 comments:

SM Edens said...

Beautiful home. I am so happy for you both -- and I'm glad that you two are so happy :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats ya'll! Your home looks great!