Friday, February 19, 2010

So Ya Wanna Make An Offer???

The million dollar question.

Let me bring you up-to-date on the house search for the Edens :)

Last time I posted, we were just getting started with the whole buying a house process. That was on Friday. Since then, Amy the Amazing Realtor (that's what I'm calling her anyways, hehe) sent us two listings based on a) our desired location, and b) a very specific spreadsheet of house needs/wants/desires/dislikes/etc.

The Edens with our Realtor and long time friend, Amazing Amy!!

So, she went with this and was able to find a few that we really liked, specifically 2 houses; one in Powdersville and the other in Piedmont. We decided on Saturday to go and see them (on our own, just the outside) in the snow. They were even more appealing :) We then made an appointment with Amazing Amy to go see them both, officially, on Wednesday of this week.

The consensus:
The first was not in bad shape considering its age, but a lot of the inside was outdated, hence a lot of necessary work (we're talking shag like carpet that is fire red and deep black.....yeah.). The price of the house was very attractive, but the difference would definitely be put into immediate use for updates. All in all, a not so much "live-in ready" deal going on.

1st house in the snow.

The second ended up being somewhat of a HUGE disappointment because Jonathan had fallen instantly in love with the outside......great area, huge/well kept yard, fence in the back, culdesac.

Now, I'm just going to have to be honest with you about all of this, so.......as soon as we stepped in the door it smelled like wet dog. Eeeeewwww, yuck!!! The owners had also made some "improvements," but had done a pretty messy job of it. It was not a good situation.
Sadly enough, I could not get past the smell. Even when we got into the car and had left, I told Jonathan I could still smell it on the tip of my nose, and felt like it was saturated into my clothes.

2nd house in the snow.....GREAT outside, not so much on the inside.

With 2 no's, we had to do some re-thinking.
We got Amazing Amy to do another area search, this time more specified and more along the lines of where we were thinking originally. So Amy said she would email some later that night, and home we headed for some dinner.

Sitting on the couch together, we get her email. She sent two listings; the first with about 20 houses, and the second with only 2.
So we start looking, and, we come to #1183217.
And I start screaming. More specifically, "THAT'S OUR HOUSE!!! I WANT THAT HOUSE!!!"

We read through all of the information, checked out all the pictures, and it was just too good to be true. So naturally, I pick up the phone and call Amazing Amy at almost 9 o'clock at night (but she's the amazing realtor, so she doesn't mind at all). As soon as I call her and share the news, she says, "I knew it!! I said to Ryan (her husband) that's the one, that's the one they will want!!" I love it!!! So very excitedly, we planned to meet the next day (today) to have a look. We also made an appointment for another older (very beautiful) home on the same street, with a lot of the same features.

I barely made it through the my day on Thursday because I was so excited for our visit!!! I met up with Jonathan and Amazing Amy at the house, and as soon as we walked in, we felt the same thing we had while looking at the pictures. It was adorable!! We spent some time walking through, and Jonathan took some pictures. After about 30 or so minutes, we walked across the street to the other home, and although very beautiful, we only spent about 5 or 10 minutes in it. So back we headed to the "perfect house," and we discussed what would be our next step with Amazing Amy if we choose to move forward.

Everything in me is screaming......LET'S MAKE AN OFFER NOW!!! But, we're trying to do the right thing, and we're taking some time to investigate the house some more, sleep on it, and most importantly, pray about it. I'm not going to get into details of the house, I'll do that if we make the next move, but, I will say, it just feels right. There are so many factors that make this house feel like the right one.
But again, I'll save those details for later.
And, if this one does become "ours," I will then post pics :)
But for now, I'll keep you in suspense!!

In the meantime, please pump up the prayers because we're hoping to make a decision in the very near future. We really, really feel good about this, but certainly do not want to rush into anything.

Thank you so much for the prayers, support, advice, and encouragement that so many of you have already been giving us!!
We are tremendously blessed by our friends and family!!!

4 comments:

SM Edens said...

Praying for the right decision :)

Rebekah Gail said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! I can't wait to see the adorable little thing.

SM Edens said...

We need a new "update" !! :)

Lindsey Edens said...

Took me a while, but just posted one!! :)