Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dear John......You Are Such a Hottie!!

If you were able to go see Dear John last night, on it's opening night in the theater, you realize that there is no better fitting title than that :)
Channing Tatum is too adorable. 

Some super fabulous friends of mine had a Girl's Night Out last night and we were able to see the movie that has had ladies waiting in anticipation for months now. The movie turned out to be pretty good and more than anything, I loved that it did not follow your typical Hollywood "boy meets girl, they fall in love, everything goes perfectly" plot. Life is just not always like that so the movies shouldn't be either. The movie also, from my understanding, does not follow the book or end like the book, and there are some truly tender moments in the movie with John and his dad (I have a VERY soft spot for people such as the character of his father). 

AND, the movie is filmed in our great state of South Carolina!! We represent ourselves well with a shot of the beautiful crescent moon and palm tree on a blue background flying high in the sky on a beautiful Charleston beach!! In fact, Jonathan and I were living in Charleston in the fall of 2008 when they were actually filming scenes at the CofC. We saw the movie crew madness and even the actress, Amanda Seyfried, walking around campus. It was awesome, and I had been dying to see the movie since then (especially knowing it was based on a Nicholas Sparks' book....he's awesome too). 

With all of that being said, ladies, you might as well go and see this movie. 
Even if you don't like what some call, "chick flicks," you can at least appreciate this movie. It reminds you of the life thousands of couples in our country have to live everyday; one is off fighting for our freedom while the other is at home being brave in their own way. It made me appreciate those individuals even more than I already do. 
(And who doesn't want to stare at Channing Tatum's adorable self for 2 hours!?!?)

And I was just so thankful to finally be able to get a girls night with some of the most sweetest, dearest friends ever. I love each and every one of them to pieces and we had a blast together!!  
I mean after all, my dinner was a big ole' bag of popcorn, a huge Mr. Pibb, and a molten chocolate cake from Chili's.....that SCREAMS successful girl's night out!!! :) 

One of the fabulous ladies I got to hang out with on our GNO, Mrs. Katie Moody!!! Man was I happy to see this girl!!! :) :) :) 

(This is the only picture captured from our GNO......believe it or not, I left my memory card at home so I wasn't able to get any pictures. I know......that's CRAZY if you know me at all. I was too busy getting pumped to see all my favorite girls to worry about my camera. And sorry for the resolution. Don't you just love how camera phones make everyone look so distorted and "alien like??" Right Katie?? Haha!!)

2 comments:

Jonathan Edens said...

How many did y'all end up having?

SM Edens said...

We had supper had Harbor Inn last night and they were not busy at all (Super Bowl going on) -- so all the waitresses were buzzing around excited because they were going to see Dear John as soon as they closed up. Glad to hear it's a good movie -- but I might just read the book! :)