Tuesday, September 2, 2008

....the day AFTER Labor Day

Oh me. Where do I begin?? Got up. Had a plan. Going to wash clothes ALL day (millions to wash) in WA at the sis' while laying out by the pool to work on the tan. That was the plan. Got in my car. My precious little, black car. Drove over to Wachovia to deposit a check. Grabbed a cheap bite to eat b/c of no loaf bread at the house. On my way. So excited. Pull onto Savannah Hwy. Headed South. In far right lane. Paying attention. Suddenly the woman in front of me SLAMS on her breaks...and I didn't have enough time to react, so BOOM!!!! Right smack into the back of her. Sadnessssss. So upset. Turns out, the car in front of her stopped dead in their tracks, right in the middle of the road for no reason. And she had to brake for them, and missed by inches she says. I, unfortunately, wasn't able to react as fast as her and made contact. Initial car drives off. Loser. Therefore I was not charged/ticketed because technically a 3rd party was involved and it was their fault. Technically.

Call my amazing husband in hysterics and he RUNS from studio to the house to get his car.
Precious. This is a 16 minute walk, so you can imagine. Deals w/ my hysterics. Gets to me in, what I am sure, is record time. Deals w/ everyone. I have to talk to NO ONE. Deals with insurance lady. And tow truck man. And officer. And Ford man. He loves me and I am so thankful for him.

3 hours in hot sun dealing with lady [nice lady though...hippy lady...she calmed me down...thank you for letting me hit HER jesus :) ], officer, tow truck man (my car was not driveable...hers...driveable...and looked as though it had barely been touched), and insurance people. Not a fun day.
Follow tow truck about a mile down the road to Palmetto Ford. Very nice people. Ford man hopeful about the Crapcort since the air bags did not deploy. Good news. Happy for about a second. Says it shouldn't be too bad and we have a pretty good deductible. However. Nice Ford man says he would say it would be ready by end of week, but hates to and then Hurricane Hannah show her ugly face and mess that up.

She better not. They say she is supposed to hit right smack directly on the coast between here and Savannah. Savannah is already evac'ing. Will we? I don't know...but they say it should be bad.


So ... what does all this mean?? Wait to hear about the damage to the car and how much it's going to cost us. STINKS b/c if you'll remember from my earlier post
Lately and Labor Day we just spent about $500 in car repairs. Also wait to hear about H. Hannah and what she's gonna decide to do and whether or not we'll have to evacuate.

Oh well. I was real dapper about everything earlier and feeling sorry for the whole car situation and just really down. But then I got a good kick in the bootay and started feeling convicted and realized...you're alive...isn't that enough?
And it is. :)



Front view...with leaking anti-freeze


:( Side view


Aerial view


Left side view


Her car...barely any damage.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm crossing fingers and toes and praying really hard that you are spared from hanna!!! love you more than life! (and glad you're alive too!) i get those kicks in the tail all the time...realizing life's not nearly as bad as it seems in my head. God is good...and He's got it. words i have to repeat often! love ya!

Lindsey said...

so sorry you got into an accident. so glad you weren't hurt. :)

Lindsey Edens said...

Thanks Linds!!!! I know....I really am thankful!! :)