Monday, September 1, 2008

Not very good at this blogging thing...

    Our brand new, nicely made bed!!! 

I know, I know!! I've gotten several comments from some of you about not updating to my "quick" post which was a week and a half ago!!!! I'm just not good at this yet...but I'm trying so bare with me. :)

To follow up:
That Thursday evening I had been over in WA with my sister and brother-in-law for dinner and to wash some clothes (we don't have a washer and dryer) and Jonny had been too, but had to leave to go to studio for group work around 8 PM. I only had about 3 loads to do, but they took FOREVER!! So around 10:30 PM, my husband calls to get a status and I tell him it's gonna be a while!! 
SIDENOTE: As most of you know, I posted the day before that our IKEA bed had come in and we were SO very excited. 
Well the clothes FINALLY finish up close to 1 AM and I call my husband back (as he had called many times throughout the night pleading, "When will you be baaaaaaaaack???" Soooo sweet)  and let him know that I am on my way home with clean clothes!!! :) He didn't say anything out of the ordinary, just the typical "be careful." Before we had left earlier in the evening, the bed was in boxes in the den, tons of tubs from the move were everywhere, and it was just an array of mess (which if you're married or maybe even not, you know will tend to drive a woman CRAZY!!). 
So I pull into 132, leave the laundry in the car (far too heavy and far too late), walk up to #11, and my sweet husband greets me at the door...I walk in and our house is the cleanest and most organized it has been since moving in!!! I peruse through the den, dining room, and kitchen (not even noticing the bedroom) and I am in awe at how wonderful everything looks!!! Jonathan was SO excited he kept grinning and asking, "What do you think??" You can imagine what I thought after doing laundry for 4 hours!!! Ha!!! I loved it!!! :) 
So I'm going on and on about how happy I am and how much I love the way it all looks when he asks, "Do you want to see the bedroom?" It was so late and I was so tired, I had completely forgotten about our new IKEA bed and having to put it together!!! 
Of course I want to see it so he opens the door and I am amazed!!! Our bed is not only put together and in the right spot, but the new, clean sheets are on, the bed is perfectly made, and the room is clean and in order!!!!! I almost started crying I was so excited, happy, proud, and a whole bunch of other emotions at one time!!! I told my husband "thank you" a gazillion times, hugged and kissed him a bajillion times, and he then told me how long it took and how hard it was to put the entire bed together himself. He was greatly rewarded that night!! ;) 

Jonathan just proved to me how blessed I really am. After all that he had already done with moving in and with classes being in full swing, the child never has a moment for himself much less to even breathe. He could have easily come home from studio and chosen to watch TV, play Rock Band, or just do something relaxing. Instead he chose to come home and work like a dog on getting our house cleaned and our bed ready just to make me happy. I didn't have to lift a finger, and just got to go to sleep that night in my brand new bed. 
Jonathan always says when doing things or making decisions, "Are you happy? Because if you are then I am." He remarks that he does things because it makes him happy to see me happy and I saw this in what he did that night. Although some of you might think what he did was something small, for newlyweds, or even just any married couple, what he did was huge!! The MAN cleaned and organized and made the house look good!! He selflessly gave of himself to do something for me. And he always does this. I don't know why God chose to give me Jonathan but I sure am thankful that he did. :) 


OK. It's Labor Day kiddos!! I'm off to the beach or the pool or shopping or something fun!!! So I'll catch you up on life in general later this evening but I had to share very quickly why it is the best thing in the world to be married and why I'm the luckiest wifey ever!!! :) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lots of thoughts as i read that precious post....
*hehehe! :-)
*sweetness
*go jonny!
*can't wait to see it
*so proud of you for posting again!
*have fun at the beach or pool or enjoying the smell of the charleston air!
MISS YOU