Thursday, September 18, 2008

this past weekend.......

.....was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

(SIDEONOTE: I know the new and upcoming weekend is in less than 24 hours away, but friends!! I have to let you know of how awesome this past one was....I'm STILL on a high from it!!!)

Oh my word. We've been having some great times and making some awesome memories since we moved to Chas....but this weekend tops them all so far!!! :)

After last week, it was much needed and came just in time. Jonathan's 1st MAJOR project was concluded on Saturday, and needless to say, last week was awful. It was super busy, and he and I maybe saw each other 3 times. I felt him come to bed (most of the time at or after 4 AM) and then get up each morning (usually around 7 AM). We are very lucky because we dated during undergrad so I am very aware of what "studio" entails...I can't imagine what a newbie would feel like!!! However, I think we both forgot just how time-consuming it really is, so it's been an adjustment, but we're giving it our best. 

So anyways, back to my FAB-U-LOUS weekend. 

It all started Friday afternoon with a girls night planned over on Daniel Island in a mansion of a house -literally. I have NEVER seen a home as big, elaborate, beautiful, and actually livable as this one. The ABSOLUTE perfect spot for an "all girls, low key, chill" weekend. 

More about the mansion to come in a minute. 

My sister came to get me downtown around 7ish, I hoped in the car with her, and we were on our way!! We were actually running a bit late already, but then got detoured through N. Charleston (this = MAJORLY dangerous) because of a TERRIBLE wreck on the bridge. It was pretty bad, and we hated it, but it gave us some quality "venting" time on just all sorts of subjects....which she and I are really good at. We finally got there around 8:30, and joined the other 4 ladies for a fun-filled night of movies, eating, boy talk, and swim time (if any of you have ever seen Laguna Beach and noticed the infinity pool at Lauren Conrad's (also known as LC and from MTV reality series The Hills) home, this mansion had one as well....except bigger. Yes, that's what I said, BIGGER. We had homemade pizzas for dinner that were DE-licious and then preceded to snack on an obscene amount of ice cream, junior mint brownies, chips and salsa, chocolates, and crackers and pimento cheese. I know. Wow. That's not a good way to still fit into those favorite pair of jeans. When it was time for bed, I slept in the mansion's youngest child's room....or what I thought was better suited to be called a suite (I mean really. She had her very own washer and dryer)Immaculate. I felt like a princess! 

Now about this mansion. The owner of the company that my sister works for in Summerville is the owner and his daughter just happens to be one of Ashley's bestest friends from college (hence how we were able to be richies for a night) and it also just so happens that their home was featured in the September issue of Charleston Magazine. If you go to that link (and I HIGHLY encourage you to do so) then it takes you directly to the write up on their home accompanied by 1 major picture as well as a slideshow of just a few pictures to show off their wealth. Ree-diculous. Every issue includes a Charleston Home feature, and their home was this particular month's -a 10 page spread. 

Yes. Someone lives there. Yes. I stayed there. And was L-I-V-I-N. 

The next morning things got even better. It was a girls weekend get-a-way, but Ash and I had some other things going on so we could only do the 1 nighter. She and I headed out to the Charleston Bagel Company and had a GREAT breakfast....BEST bagel sandwiches in town. Then before heading to West Ashley, we dropped by the gallery (if you'll remember from an earlier post, Wedding Slideshow, their major project that was being installed at the Waterfront Gallery so he was spending the last hours until the big event there working) to give my exhausted husband a tasty breakfast. 

Then over to the Large's for some Saturday morning TV, followed by college football!!! :) Yessssss. Jonathan finally finished up at the gallery and was able to come join the Large's and I for some TIGER FOOTBALL at 12 PM. But that wasn't even the BEST part about hanging out with the Large's!! Rob wanted chicken nachos so Ash and I took a trip to Bi-Lo for all the ingredients, came back, and Rob did it up right!! I have NEVER had such amazingly awesome chicken nachos in my life. Oh my word. Whew. I ate SO much. 

Then it was time for the Gala!!! Tigers win, so we headed back home to shower it up and get ready to head over to the gallery. The Large's picked us up and we were off for so that my husband could show off all of his hard, HARD work!!! It was great!!!! Hors d'oeuvres, important people, fancy dresses, creative art....everything you would expect from an art show!!! We had a great time, and the studio kids did an awesome job....the installation was unbelievable. 

We had the BEST time and I was MORE THAN PROUD of my love!!!! He did an INCREDIBLE job!!!! 

The rest of the weekend kicked BOO-tay too. That night, after having NO quality time (or just conversation) in the past week and a half due to studio, the hubby and I decided on a romantic dinner for two downtown at Sermet's Corner  -wonderful food and a great atmosphere. It was a perfect ending to a perfect day!!! :)

Sunday was just as good to us. Church again at E.C Baptist and this time the Large's joined!!! :) Yay!! A GREAT sunday dinner afterwards at Jestine's Kitchen downtown (named after a brilliant cooked who lived to be 112) filled with delicious tomato pie and then we topped it all off with a 4 hour nap back home followed by a MUCH NEEDED and overdue grocery trip to wally world at 8 PM that lasted a good 2 hours and stocked our pantry and refrigerator full. 

Man. Life is good. :) 

1 comment:

tam said...

we've been to jestine's I know what you're talking about!