Sunday, January 3, 2010

Already???

Is it time?? REALLY??? Time to head back to work ALREADY?!??!
Oh man.

Time to get back to the ole' grind, back to reality.
Do not get me wrong; I LOVE my job, I am very thankful to have it considering our economic times, and I have missed my sweet babies like crazy......but this has been the most relaxing, fun break ever. I have really enjoyed every last minute of it, to the fullest!!

Christmas 2009 :)

Last year, Jonathan and I really didn't have the opportunity to experience our "first" Christmas as a married couple as it should be; we weren't "settled" anywhere, and spent most of the break stressing/preparing for our trip to Italy. It was a good Christmas, just busy, busy, busy. 
And it was a lot of work, and we just weren't able to truly enjoy the holidays.

Christmas 2008 :) 

And it also still really blows my mind that this time last year, we were a mere 3 days from beginning the European journey of a liftetime!! Such wonderful memories :)

Genoa, Spring Semester 2009 

We spent all day today taking down EVERYTHING and cleaning from top to bottom. Now, I had intended on doing this LONG before today, so that I could fully enjoy my last day of break. Of course, that didn't happen. I did manage to spend one day this past week doing some laundry/mild cleaning, but ended up being completely lazy the rest of the week. And of course, on my last day, I would be consumed with a migraine most of the day (which if you know anything about migraines, they pretty much enable you from getting anything done).
And with that being said, I have to say that I am incredibly thankful for a husband who helps out around the house so much. I could NOT have gotten everything on my list accomplished without him today. He worked so hard and football was on ALL day!!
We still have some major bathroom cleaning to get done, but for the most part, we were little cleaning fairies today!!

So the Christmas cleaning begins. Oh my.

I am just so thankful for the opportunities we were given to spend with each other, family, and friends this holiday season. We took full advantage of every day we had. We ate good (I have GOT to jump in full speed with my workout schedule first thing tomorrow), did a lot of fun things (including house/dog sitting for President Barker....I just can't let that one go yet), and got some amazing, very much needed gifts.

I guess all those joys are what makes it SO hard to go back to work. Tomorrow will be unbelievably hard, and I will probably be beyond exhausted when I finally get home, but, there's nothing like getting back into the routine!! Once I do, hopefully life won't be too hard ;)

Good luck to all my fellow teachers out there.....we WILL survive!!!
......And if you need motivation, spring break is just 64 or so days away!! Hehe ;)

1 comment:

SM Edens said...

I'm envious that your Christmas is all down and cleaned up. Jerry had to work today, and I couldn't manhandle the boxes from the attic -- so ours is half done. I hate this messy clutter stage. Have a great 2010 in the classroom!