Thursday, January 7, 2010

Will it come??

Will it show up?? 
Those little white flakes that we long for so?? 
Only time and temperature will tell. 

Now, I know there was a big snow for you folks here in the states last winter, but I was in about 3 times as much snow in Europe and come the end of winter there, I had had my fill for the time being. 

But, the last time it snowed in the states for me was almost exactly two years ago, in the winter of 2008, January 16th to be exact. I was not yet a married woman, living at home in Pelzer with my parents, teaching 1st grade at the 'houn

I remember the "talk" that went on all day prior to the falling of the white powder, and how anxious I was for it to come. I remember chiming in with my teacher friends, "Yeah, I agree.....let's hope for just that 2 hour delay so we're not making up the snow day when it's warm and sunny come June....." but secretly, I hoped the snow would fall for an entire snow day. That evening I kept my eye on the TV and repeatedly asked my parents (like one of my students), "do ya'll think it's gonna happen??" 
Well, about 10:00PM that night, it came. I went nuts. I just happened to be on Facebook with two of my dearest friends, JTurner and sweet Mere, when it all went down (literally). We then began what turned into a 2 hour or so constant messaging of giddiness and excitement over the beautiful snow. It was pretty much like we were having an all out giggling, all girls slumber/snow party together, just over the computer. We also all 3 simultaneously took pictures of the snow, and posted them on Facebook for each other to see. 
It was one of the best snow "nights" EVER. Period. 

I wonder what this snow will bring?? Another giddy, giggling girl fest with some of my favorite friends?? Will it even come???
I guess only time and temperature will tell :) 

Pictures from our 2008 Snow Adventures!! 
(I could not get access to JTurner's pics, but they were the ones that inspired them all!!) 

The snow in Pelzer.

Letting the snow fall on my face!! 

The snow at Meredith's apartment in Anderson.

Meredith enjoying the snow!!! 

1 comment:

SM Edens said...

Well, we missed our snow day this time around.... but we still have several more "wintery" months ahead :)