Wednesday, July 22, 2009

He caught up with me!!!

My husband loves the fact that he is married to an "older woman" (by a mere 9 days, sheesh) and also loves to remind me of this. So, when those 9 days have passed and his birthday comes, I always like to remind him that he has finally "caught up." 

I think that it is only fitting to bring out some old photos in his honor, to reminisce, like I did when I blogged about my own birthday. Just a few: 

Only THE cutest little baby boy ever. We will be SO lucky if we have a son and he turns out half this precious!! 

#86 Baby!! Nothin' like high school football!! Those were good times!! 

Painted up and rubbin' the rock. Does it get any better than that?? I think not. 

25 and still young as ever!! 

His birthday was last Wednesday, the 15th, and although he had to work (blah), we made up for that with all the fun stuff we did!! 

The Tuesday before his birthday, we had his parents and Tyler and Rebekah over for a cookout out by the pool in our apartment complex. They have some grills and picnic tables, so after we finally got all the necessary ingredients, sides, and tools to get it going, we had some DELICIOUS burgers for dinner!!! After we finished eating outside it began to get dark, so we went inside our apartment for some coffee and my hubby's favorite.....chocolate chip cookie cake!! And this year's had a very special message written upon it. :) 

Oh it was so exciting to be able to put that on his cake for the first time!!! 

We were so thankful to be able to spend this time with our family, especially since T and R were making the big move back to Mississippi that Thursday, and we may not see them again until Christmas. 

The Edens and the Bradys :) 

All the boys helped cook up the burgers, but Jonathan's mom teased that he knew he was getting older because he had to cook his own birthday meal!! :) Which is so very true...I don't know how many times growing up that my sister and I would say, "let's have dinner with daddy" for Father's Day or his birthday, and he would end up cooking the meal himself. It was only until recently that we started cooking meals for him....or just going out to eat instead!! Ha!!! 

Grilling out hamburgers for everybody. 

Regardless, we had a GREAT time together celebrating the birthday of the most amazing 25 year old that I know. 

The next day, on his actual birthday, my parents treated us to dinner at the restaurant of Jonathan's choice to celebrate. He chose Applebee's because he said that it's really good and we actually hadn't been there since before leaving for Europe. They were happy to oblige and we had a delicious meal!!! My dad even requested a dessert for the "birthday boy!!" Ha!!! He received an ice cream sundae and I believe he enjoyed every last bite. 
He also thoroughly enjoyed his gift from them, which came in very handy for our anniversary gift to one another!! :) 

Every man loves tools I guess!!

That night when we got home after dinner, we just enjoyed one another's company and we had some cookie cake and coffee to top off our dinner. That's one of the reasons why I love Jonathan so much. It doesn't take a whole lot to make him happy. Just the simple things in life. 

He is an amazing man and I am so very, very blessed. 
Hope your birthday was everything you wished for love!!! 

No comments: