Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Remembering

Last Wednesday I received a phone call from not only one of my best friends, but a previous co-worker at Calhoun, the school I worked at. 
It was one of the saddest phone calls I have ever received. My heart broke as she told me that a strange man had taken one of the most amazing women I  have ever had the pleasure of meeting and working with. 
I know that by now you are all aware of the killing spree that began over a week ago, on Saturday, June 27th taking the life of a peach farmer and ending a little over one week later, on Monday, July 6th, with the discovery and death of what law enforcement had deemed "a serial killer." 
In the midst of what we can only presume as, insanity, this man took the lives of 5 innocent people of the Cherokee County community. It has been all over the news, and unfortunately, we may never know what was in the mind of this crazed man. 
I could go on to say so much more, but instead I just want to say that, I think it is so fitting that the killer was found on the same day that so many individuals in the Anderson community had taken the time to honor my friend, Gena Linder Parker. There just simply aren't enough words to sum up the person that she was or the life that she lived. 
She was a remarkable friend, teacher, and person. But even more importantly, her faith in Christ stood out in everything that she did and every word that she spoke. 

This post is in memory of her!! :) 


Gena, we love you and we will miss you so much!! 

No comments: