Thursday, July 16, 2009

Something New

OK.

So I'm going to try something new for a while, just to liven things up around here on the blog. I KNOW that my life is not that interesting, and as a result, I also know that ya'll get tired of reading the same ole', same ole'.  
With that being said.....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music. Love it. Always have and always will. It's such an integral part of my life. I even dedicated one entire post a couple of months ago describing why music was so amazing. 

So here's what's going to happen on a weekly basis:
A "listen of the week" will be posted for your enjoyment (or to your dismay). I find myself learning more and more as each day passes, just how significant music is in my life. One song can evoke enough emotions to turn a truly terrible day into a truly remarkable day. 
I also encourage you, at any time, to let me know your thoughts about any song that I post (likes or dislikes....I will not be offended :) I promise), or to even share a song of your choice. I'm always looking for great, new music to add color to my life!!! 
So.....here we go. 

Listen of the Week: Coldplay, Fix You
I find it only fitting to begin this new, weekly posting with this song. First of all, Coldplay is probably -and this says A LOT about a band for someone who loves music as much as I do- my most favorite band of all time. They haven't produced a single album, containing a single song, that I don't love. For years they have written the soundtrack to my life. And although a secular band, this particular song is a great pick me up and, more importantly, reminds me of the way Christ "fixes us" when we are broken. 
Enjoy. 


No comments: