Tuesday, August 4, 2009

One year has passed already??!?!

Our 1 year wedding anniversary has come and gone. And I cannot believe it has already been 1 year!!!! It has FLOWN by, but then again, we've been to A LOT of different places, seen A LOT of different things, and done A LOT!!! It's been the most incredible year of my life....so far. ;) When you're married, I imagine it just gets better and better with the one you love as each year passes. 

Two very fun shots from our wedding day, courtesy of the fabulous Lindsey Mart!!

Just a brief (and I know what you're thinking....Lindsey be brief???? yeah right!!! but I promise) run through of our non-eventful, but very easy going and relaxing weekend together. 

Jonathan gets off from work on Fridays at 12pm so that made for a nice, early beginning to our weekend celebration of our first year of wedded bliss. :) :) We went and spent some time laying out by the pool, (which is always FAVORITE of mine) and then came back in to nap!! We also LOVE naps!! 
After piddling 'round the house (if you're unsure, "piddling" is a word Southerners use to express that they are doing pretty much nothing) for a couple of hours, we finally decided around 9pm to think about dinner. In addition to researching a weekend get away (which was extremely expensive and out of our budget) Jonathan had also planned to take me out for a nice dinner. I suggested, to save money, that we go to the grocery store and cook together instead!!! 
So off to Ingles we went, and so began "Anniversary Appetizers." My favorite thing to order when we go out to eat are appetizers, so my creative husband decided, why not get all the ingredients to make all of my favorite appetizers.....brilliant idea!!! So, while I did some more "piddling" that night, my amazingly thoughtful husband went hard to work in the kitchen making, "Anniversary Appetizers!!" They were oh, so very delicious!!!! 
Cooking up a storm of appetizers in the kitchen!!  

Final touches.....oooo, weee!!! Looks good!!
       
THE spread. 

 Mmmmm, those shrimp crackers were my favorite!!! 

So we kicked back with Madea Goes to Jail and devoured our "Anniversary Appetizers......" it was a great way to get our anniversary weekend started!!! 

Saturday, we didn't really do anything "anniversary" related, but we were able to spend the entire day together!!! That is certainly enough for me. :) That morning we were at the McCall 50th Anniversary Celebration (which I will blog about eventually, ha!!) until late that afternoon and then we rushed, and I mean rushed back to the house, changed clothes, freshened up, and headed just a few miles down the road to Occasions at Wedgefield to see one of my most favorite people ever, Loretta, get married!!! Loretta and I not only worked together at Calhoun, but I had the honor and pleasure of doing my fall practicum with her senior year in college. But, there's a later post to come about all of those fun things!! ;) 

The 50th Anniversary Cake!!! 


She was a GORGEOUS bride!!!!

So Saturday came and went pretty quickly and we were pretty tired. Which led to our actual wedding anniversary, Sunday, and some sleeping in (yeah...we skipped church, whoops!!). Oh it was sooooo nice!!! Jonathan actually got up before me, but I didn't even hear him, and when I woke up around 10:30am, there was a WONDERFUL smell coming from the kitchen!!! My bebeh had gotten up, went to the grocery store to get my favorite breakfast items that we didn't already have, and he made me a DELICIOUS, candle lit breakfast!!! Ohhhhhhh it was amazingly good!!! It was such a simple thing, yet so very thoughtful. It was the perfect way to start off our anniversary day!!! 

My favorite part to our whole anniversary day!! 

After this awesome breakfast, we had stuffed ourselves full, so what better thing to do then go BACK to bed, hehe!!! ;) ;) Yeah, we didn't wake up again until around 3:30pm that afternoon!!! LOVE it!!!! Then we went outside and played some, hung out by the pool, and watched some tube together until dinner. 
For dinner, we had some options and then chose a mutual "gotta taste for it" place, and ended up at the Chinese place. Sooooooo goooood. :) AND, to top it all off, THIS was my fortune: 

I know it's hard to see, so, it says: "Today is a good day for being with a companion!!" 

Back at home we immediately dove into our anniversary cake!!!! Oooooooooooo it was gooooood!!!!! :) :) It really was!!! And SO pretty!!! Gretchen is the WOH-MAN and our wedding cake was dee-vine!!! It was neopolitan, all 3 flavors!!! 

For memory's sake, our actual wedding cake on our wedding day. 

And our anniversary cake....LOVED our colors!! 

Us about to dive in!!

Look at all those flavors!!!

After we STUFFED ourselves, we discussed our anniversary present to one another, which we had hoped to be a set of chest of drawers. Probably sounds like nothing big and over the top, but we have little to no furniture with all of the traveling we have done in our first year of marriage, and since money is so tight right now, being able to get this for one another was going to be HUGE!! My clothes have been nicely folded, but lining the entire bedroom wall since May, so I was REALLY excited about this purchase!!! 
We purchased a set that we have been looking at for some time at IKEA, which is part of the MALM series and also matches our bed, so it was perfect!! Jonathan's parents just happened to be passing through Atlanta that night on their way home, so they so very graciously stopped by to get it and then dropped it off that night at our apartment around 10pm. Jonathan went to town immediately putting it together, and it was set up with clothes and everything before we went to bed!!! 
Putting it all together.

And the final product!! So nice!!! 

All in all, it was the perfect way to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. We have so much to be thankful for and have had an incredible first year. I can't wait to celebrate many, many more years together!!! :) 

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

awesome! so glad to have been a part of your wedding, and i wish you a lifetime of adventure and love together!! love you guys!

SM Edens said...

Ohhh... such sweet ways to celebrate your 1 year anniversary weekend! Congrats :)