Saturday, August 29, 2009

Speaking of friends.....

In relation to my choice for this week's Tune-in Thursday, something amazing happened to one of our friends on Tuesday. I wanted to share that day, but of course, the school week got the better of me.
One of our dearest and bestest friends, Brad, became a father.
This was huge because Jonathan and Brad have literally grown up together and lived some of life's greatest moments together. Their friendship is so awesome!!

Isaac James Dalton was born on Tuesday, August 25th, coming in at 8lbs, 2oz, and 21 inches long. I don't know that I have ever been more excited for a baby to arrive!!! He is beautiful. And I cannot wait to hold him in my arms and love all over him.

Brad and his wife, Amanda, live in Columbia so we were not able to be there for the birth like we really wanted to. :( We hope to plan a day to drive down to meet Isaac very soon. And I have insisted that I be called "aunt Lu-Lu...." so we'll see. :) :)

Congrats to mom and dad!!! We love you both, and precious Isaac, more than we could ever express!!!

Baby Isaac!!

Okay. This one just melts my heart. Seriously.

2 comments:

KTilley said...

This is insane! I grew up with Brad too. It's so hard for me to imagine that we are old enough or even ready to have kids of our own, but I guess we are! So happy for Brad and Amanda!

SM Edens said...

I have now moved into a new "season" of life --- lots of MY friends are becoming (or are already) grandparents! I hear it's even MORE fun than having children of your own :) I can't wait (but I'm not rushing anybody -- enjoy your "newly wed" days as long as you want to -- and be sure you live really CLOSE to the grandparents when the baby days begin!