Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tune-in Thursday

Listen of the Week: While I'm Waiting, John Waller
I don't know why I continue to be surprised by God. He is never failing, and always shows up, in whatever way, at all the right times. And, although I know He is faithful in all His promises, I still allow myself to be surprised when He does His thing. That's called -not having enough faith in My father. I'm working on that and I have been given some great opportunities this summer to do so. 

This week has been......well......a week full of waiting. Waiting on opportunities, waiting on answers, waiting to see friends who I haven't seen in far too long.....just a whole lot of waiting. I haven't been in contact with anyone outside of my husband much at all this week, nor have I spent much time on any technological outlet (Facebook, Twitter, Chats, etc) that so wonderfully keep us afloat with what's going on in each other's lives. A lot has been going, a lot that I just haven't been quite ready to share with others. The job situation has come to a peak I believe, and I wanted to wait to see what God was going to do before I shared with others. I can't wait for Him to reveal His plan for me; He has shown up in a mighty way in just the past 24 hours. But most of all, when He gives me His answer, I can't wait to praise HIS name, and tell others about what HE did. 

This song is perfect for this week's Tune-in Thursday; ironically enough, I discovered it today. Yeah, I know. God is good. It is my theme song for this week, and today specifically. It's probably old news to the rest of you, but I just discovered it (thanks to an awesome friend who had posted some of the lyrics as her status on Facebook). This song is from the movie, Fireproof, and oddly enough, my parents sent a package to Jonathan and I while in Italy that included this movie. We never (and have still not) seen that package. Therefore, I have yet to see this movie and had no clue of this song. If we had received that package, we would have no doubt, already watched the movie and I would be very aware of this song, because it's awesome. Instead, I heard it for the first time on a day like today. 
Ironic?? Not even.
God giving me peace?? Definitely. 



This song came to me in His timing, which was perfect. And always will be. :) 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would also like to add, that as soon as I finished this post while listening to HisRadio, this very song was the next song to come on. No joke. Wow. I just had to come back and share that. Too cool not to. 

No comments: