Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tune-in Thursday

Listen of the Week: The Weight of Lies, The Avett Brothers 
Hey all, this is Jonathan (Lindsey's husband). Lindsey asked me to be a "guest" writer this week for "Tune-in Thursday" because she had to go to bed. She has been busy all this week with her shiny new classroom at Calhoun. So, here goes:

This is a song that I have been listening to non-stop since I got this album. This is by the Avett Brothers, not a new band...just new to me, from North Carolina. I really like their sound. They pull their style from many different influences, but still manage to retain a heavily "southern" sound. There are two brothers who play the guitar and banjo (primarily) and a third guy who plays the upright base. "The Weight of Lies" is a fantastic song that showcases the band's incredible songwriting talents (be sure to listen to the lyrics....it's good stuff). But don't take my word for it:


No comments: