Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year....New Adventure!!!

Well, I've been meaning to blog ever since we rang in the new year....and you see how that has turned out!!! We have just been so unbelievably busy trying to not only pack for Italy, but to also pack and store the rest of our belongings before we leave. I mean, how on earth do you pack for 5 months and 2 seasons???? I don't know. I don't even know where to begin!!! However it WILL get done and we WILL be living in Genoa!! :) :) 

Christmas was AMAZING. Jonathan and I were so blessed in so many ways and by so many people. We made our "1st Christmas" as "Mr. and Mrs." pretty memorable!! It was a bit of a "Charlie Brown" for us at home (even down to our Charlie Brown Christmas tree), but I just think that made it that much better!! We got some really nice gifts from family and we were able to get some nice things for one another. We ate WAY too much food and spent LOTS of time with family.  We took TONS of pictures, and I hope to eventually post some albums to share with family and friends, but with all the packing, it's just not going to happen anytime soon. 

The Edens with the "Charlie Brown" Christmas Tree


Quite possibly THE cutest tree ever

Plus, I'm sure my Italy albums will become first and foremost once we begin traveling. 

We also thankful that -although we rushed around like crazy people- we were able to see so many family and friends and spend quality time with them throughout the holiday season!! We must have had about 10 or so "last supper's" with friends so that we could spend some time together before saying "See you Later!!" 
Sidenote: If you know me at all (and you can refer to my very 1st blog post EVER), I don't handle/do goodbyes very well....so I just always tell everyone, see you later

Now we are in pack mode.....which is, to be quite honest, MISERABLE. Not only are we having trouble packing for Italy, but we've got to pack up EVERYTHING else that we've been using/wearing since coming back from Charleston and put it into storage. It's hard to decipher through it all....What is necessity?? What isn't??? Ugh. I hate packing.                                                         
Jonny's initial packing.                              My initial packing...I know.

          
Jonny's final packing.                                My final packing. I did it!! 

So, you probably won't hear from me until either A)We're just about to leave for Italy, or B)We're in Italy. Until then we're PACKING, PACKING, PACKING!!!!!! 

No comments: