Saturday, January 24, 2009

Real quick...

Ahh!!! I know it's been a while, but life here in Genoa has been busy, busy!! I promised myself that I would do a good job of blogging frequently, but we do things faster than I can blog about our European adventures!! 
We're actually headed off to Torino for the weekend (in a mere 5 hours...I know, WHY am I still up!?! Oh well, I'll sleep on the train.....) where we will spend Saturday sightseeing, and Sunday....skiing in the ALPS!!!! :) Oh my goodnes....I can't believe I'm going to get to do this!! I actually am not that fond of skiing, and will stick to the bunny slopes, but how on earth could you pass up an opportunity to ski in the ALPS?!?! 
So, that being said, I did want to just share a couple things really quickly, and then when we return on Sunday, I'll give you a more thorough up-to-date on life in Italy!!! :)


1. We had to venture out today to find skiing gear, b/c for whatever reason, we were either told A) It was REALLY expensive to rent there or, B) Not possible at all. I don't know. I wasn't paying attention. So after lunch we took and adventurous expedition (about 8 of us) in the pouring rain (it was a dreary, rainy day today in Genoa) to a sports store called Decathlon, which was on the OTHER side of Genoa. 
Ha!! We took lots of buses -wrong ones and right ones-, took lots of stairs, and we were able to practice our Italian with the natives, but we finally found our way there!!! And as it should turn out, the store was INCREDIBLE and everything was REALLY cheap. Unbelievably affordable, so we were able to get some really great, necessary things for this weekend. 
The sports store 

2. On our long, wet journey back, we made a stop to a Pizzeria close by the Villa and right off our bus stop. Leslee and I shared a formaggio cuattro pizza and it was soooo gooood. We also managed to grab a few Coca Colas (ha!!) from the di per di (grocery store) close by the Villa as well. Made for a wonderful dinner!!
Oh my. So good. 

3. After dinner a group of us gathered in the studio to watch a flick. We had a low key, Friday evening at home and it was great. Exactly what we needed before this busy -but fun- weekend. 
Afterwards, before bed, Jonathan and I came up to our room and he helped me pack. I had to fit everything for this weekend into my pack!! Ah!! Haha, just kidding. It really wasn't all that bad, because, we really didn't need to pack too much and most of that would be ski gear. I only needed 1 pair of shoes (I know...can you imagine?? But this was strict orders from the hubby) so I'll wear those and won't even pack any. Crazy.
My new ski gear: gloves, socks, a watch, a bib, a pullover, a toboggan, and an ear band. It's going to be cold!!!

4. Finally, I have a WONDERFUL video to share with you!! We're really trying to do more of this. We had our 1st Day Trip (which I had hoped to share about with you earlier this week, but just never go to it, so hopefully I will be able to on Sunday when I get back before we head off to our 2nd one on Tuesday!!) on Tuesday of this past week. It was a LOT of fun and we got LOTS of pictures, but this video I thought was the best. I interviewed Derrick about our boat ride. 
It's just a sneak peek into our adventures for that day. 

:) Enjoy!!! 


3 comments:

SM Edens said...

Be careful on that ski trip! (where's the video you mentioned?)
San

Lindsey Edens said...

We were very careful!! :) You know how my skiing history is...almost NON-EXISTENT!! ha!! :)

Oh yeah, sorry about the video....I thought I had let it finish uploading before I left, but I guess I didn't!! AH!! It should be there now!! I hope ;)

Victoria said...

Hey girl - this is truly wonderful - I am so thrilled that you and Jonathan have been such great friends to Derrick - Your videos and pictures always give me great glimpses of my sweet boy who I miss every day - Thank you again for sharing your adventure with me - Can't wait to see you - Vicki